LENNON TAPE ON AUCTION
Half a century ago, four Danish teenagers interviewed John Lennon for their school paper.
A cassette tape with a 33-minute audio recording of the chat, which also includes an apparently unpublished song by the late Beatle, will be auctioned in Denmark later this month.
The items — the tape, 23 still photos and a copy of the school paper — have been estimated to be worth at least 200,000 kroner (nearly $31,800).
LONG VNR – video news releases
LENNON TAPE ON AUCTION
- Family looking at a showcase with pictures and cassette tape on auction.
- Various pictures from Thy with Karsten, Lennon and Yoko One.
- Close up cassette tape
- Various close up pictures
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to audience
- Focus/unfocus total auction room Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to audience
- Karsten Hoejen standing with cassette tape in hand
- Close up hand with cassette tape. On tape is written “John Lennon”
- Close up Karsten Hoejen hands standing with tape.
- SOUNDBITE (Danish) Karsten Hoejen, Owner: “Jamen det var en stor oplevelse. Da vi hørte at John Lennon Lennon og Yoko Ono var her på vores egn i det nordlige Jylland, langt ude på landet, da var vi har helt fast besluttet på, at da skulle vi møde dem og det var en fantastisk oplevelse, helt sikkert”.
(Translation (English): “Well it was a great experience. When we heard that John Lennon Lennon and Yoko Ono were here in our area in Northern Jutland, far out in the country, were we quite determined that then, we should meet them and it was a fantastic experience, for sure ”.
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to the audience with cassette tape on the big screen.
- SOUNDBITE (Danish) Karsten Hoejen, seller cont. : “Når man møder sådan en stor stjerne som John Lennon og Yoko Ono også. Så kan man da godt tro at de er distanceret på en eller anden måde. Det var de slet, slet ikke. De var helt nærværende. Det var så hyggeligt at være sammen med dem. Det var ikke sådan noget opstyltet eller noget krukkeri eller noget som helst. Vi blev taget ind under deres vinger. De samtalede med os og gav os gode råd, hvordan vi kunne støtte dem i deres fredsbudskab. Det var rigtigt hyggeligt”.
(Translation (English): “
“When you meet such a big star as John Lennon and Yoko Ono too. Then you might as well think that they are distanced in some way. They were not at all, not at all. They were completely present. It was so nice to be with them. It was not such a stilt or a pottery or anything. We were taken in under their wings. They talked to us and gave us good advice on how we could support them in their message of peace. It was really cozy”.
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to the audience with Lennon on the big screen.
- SOUNDBITE (Danish) Karsten Hoejen, seller cont. : “Da det endelig lykkedes os at komme afsted og finde ud af hvor de var henne og kom op og møde dem, så var vi selvfølgelig usikre på om det kunne lade sig at tage imod os og hvordan de var stemt over for os og da må jeg sige at var så positivt. Altså vi havde nok ikke forventet, at det var så positivt, som det var. Men vi havde en stor oplevelse. Jeg tror faktisk også John og Yoko var glade for at snakke med os”.
(Translation (English): “When we finally managed to find out where they were and come up and meet them, we were of course unsure, if it was possible to receive us and how they were in the mode to meet us. And then I must say, that was so positive. We probably did not expect it to be as positive as it was. But we had a great experience. I actually think John and Yoko were happy to talk to us too”.
- Close up pictures in the showcase.
- Close up cassette tape in the showcase.
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner and in the background sitting Alexa Bruun Rasmussen, Director Branding Bruun Rasmussen.
- Standing in front of camera smiling Alexa Bruun Rasmussen, Director Brand Bruun Rasmussen
- SOUNDBITE (English) Alexa Bruun Rasmussen, Director Brand Bruun Rasmussen: “When you have John Lennon up for auction for us at Bruun Rasmussen in Copenhagen is extremely unique. We have a sort of buzz, not just from our colleagues, but also from our clients, also from the Danish press and international press. It is extraordinary. Extraordinary because it is something local and even John Lennon’s advice to Karsten, the Dane, as to what they should do to spread the peace message. They say start locally. So for us to have been contacted as a local auction house is of course, you know adding to that story telling. We are proud. We are a little bit touched. So there is a mix of many feelings “.
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to audience.
- SOUNDBITE (English) Alexa Bruun Rasmussen, Director Brand Bruun Rasmussen cont.:
“We are hoping that this tape will bring around the estimate, which is around 200.000 to 300.000 DKK. So we are looking for about €30.000, but obviously it is an auction house, so if the price goes even higher, we will provoke a little smile”.
- Total auction room at Bruun Rasmussen. Karsten Hoejen, Owner talking to audience showing a book
- Pan pictures from Thy with John Lennon. John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- Pan showcase with pictures and cassette tape.