NASA’s FIRST PHOTOS OF EARTH FROM THE MOON SOLD ON AUCTION
LONG VNR – video news releases
Inside auction house in Copenhagen, Denmark did actioner Kasper Nielsen from Bruun Rasmussen set original famous NASA photographs from space on auction. The pictures were taken on the Apollo 8-17 missions. All originals.
Among the photos were the first picture ever taken of the earth seen from Apollo 8. The foot on the moon from Apollo 11 and 74 more.
The very first human picture taken from space got bids over the phone and LIVE in the auction house of Bruun Rasmussen, the most respected auction house in Scandinavia. The price went up to 32.000 dkk/USD 4.700, which was one of the few sold a little under the expected price.
The first human on the Moon, Neil Armstrong, took the picture of Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin as he stepped down on the moon’s surface.
”That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind” had Neil Armsrong just said a few minutes before.
This picture was sold for an expected price of 18,000 Dkk or USD 2.600.
National Geographic and LIFE Magazine used some of the iconic photographs in 1969.
Astronauts had been equipped with the latest Hasselblad camera to visually document the voyage.
The famous last picture of the Earth taken by human from far away deep space was in 1972 by Apollo 17. It was sold for the expected prize of 15000 DKK/USD 2200 to a person present in the room.
Among the most expensive sold photos on the auction was Astronaut Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin standing in a golden sun-light. The photographer Neil Armstrong is seen in the mirror from the helmet glas as he is taking the photo.
It is probably the most famous image of a human standing on the moon.
The photo became the second most expensive, selling for 40.000 DKK / USD 6000.
The most expensive was the first color photo in the world of the Earth rising from the Moon surface in the foreground by Apollo 8 in 1968.
It vent for 68.000 DKK/ USD 10.000.
In total were all the pictures at the auction sold for more than 1.155.050 million/USD 171,457/€155.235.
Besides being historical the photographs also capture the mixed feelings of greatness and fear in outer space.
Bruun Rasmussen was founded in 1948 and has representation in 7 countries in Europe, Thailand, and the United States.
Bruun Rasmussen is Scandinavia’s most credible and attractive auction house with the highest expertise specialized in art and antiques.
- AUCTION HOUSE OUTSIDE (tag fra Lennon)
- AUCTION INSIDE with auktioner Kasper Nielsen
- Picture of Apollo 8: The disk of the Earth first seen by human eyes.(16.000 DKK)
- Picture of Apollo 11: The astronaut’s footprint on the Moon (11.000 DKK)
- Picture of Apollo 8: First human-taken photograph of the Planet Earth (32.000 DKK)
- Apollo 8: First human-taken photograph of the Planet Earth getting sold
- Picture of Apollo 11: Buzz Aldrin jumping down to the LM footpad to become the second human on the Moon (18.000 DKK)
- Auction of Apollo 11: Buzz Aldrin jumping down to the LM footpad to become the second human on the Moon
- Auction of Apollo 11: The American flag on the Moon
- Picture of Apollo 11: The American flag on the Moon
- Picture of Apollo 11: Cover of LIFE: the American flag on the Moon
- Auction of Apollo 11: The American flag on the Moon (21.000 DKK)
- Picture of: Apollo 11: The historic liftoff of the first manned Moon landing mission (18.000 DKK)
- Picture of: Apollo 15: James Irwin saluting the US flag at Hadley Base (26.000 DKK)
- Picture of: Apollo 11: Buzz Aldrin looking back at Tranquility Base. (9.000 DKK)
- Auction of: Apollo 17: The Planet Earth seen for the last time from deep space by humans (15.000 DKK)
- Auction of: Apollo 11: Buzz Aldrin’s gold-plated sun visor reflects the photographer and the LM Eagle (40.000 DKK)
- Picture of Apollo 11: Buzz Aldrin’s gold-plated sun visor reflects the photographer and the LM Eagle
- Auction of: Apollo 8: First Earthrise: the first color photograph of the first Earthrise witnessed by humans (68.000 DKK)
- Picture of: Apollo 8: First Earthrise: the first color photograph of the first Earthrise witnessed by humans
- AUCTION ENDED
- AUCTION HOUSE OUTSIDE
Auction House Bruun Rasmussen: