TOUR DE FRANCE 2022 – BEST FUN TOUR-INSTALLATIONS
LONG VNR – video news releases
1. JULY 2022
SOURCE: Grand Départ Copenhagen Denmark & VisitDenmark
on all platforms
The Danes are excited to host the Tour de France Grand Départ and the country is getting festive in yellow.
Fun and charming tour-installations have been installed all over Denmark, along the 3 stages of Grand Depart of Tour de France in Denmark.
See the best of the selection sofare.
Drone of big bicycles in the fields. An Eiffel Tower set up during the night filmed in time-lap. Yellow pies and cakes. Houses in mountains classification jersey – maillot à pois rouges. Trees and pillows in yellow. Art sculptures, pedestrians and roofs in the Tour colors. Boats with big sails in Tour colors
Bikers are also seen testing the route along the coast and crossing The Great Belt Bridge, Europe’s longest bridge can here be seen lighted up in yellow during dark night.
Biking is a central part of the Danish DNA and in just two days, the world’s largest bike race starts in Copenhagen – one of the world’s most bike-friendly cities!
Here are a few facts:
- 7 out of 10 of all Danes over the age of 6 own a bike. In Copenhagen, this number is 9 out of 10.
- There are approximately 12,000km of bike routes and bike lanes across Denmark
- Dronning Louise’s Bridge in Copenhagen is one of the most heavily-trafficked cycling stretches in Denmark with more than 40,000 cyclists crossing the bridge daily.
- Bikes outnumber cars by more than 5 to 1 in Denmark’s capital, Copenhagen
- Every weekday, cyclists in Copenhagen cover the equivalent distance of 400 editions of the Tour de France – that’s about 1,440,000km
- The Danish Minister of Transportation announced a 10 million Euro investment in further maintaining and improving cycling infrastructure in the city in 2022
- In the past 10 years, Copenhagen has invested 200 million Euros in cycling infrastructure
- Since 2015, Copenhagen has been ranked the world’s top cycling city several times, most recently in 2019.
- In Copenhagen, 44% of all trips to places of work and education are done by bicycle
- Copenhagen has more than 386 km of cycle tracks
- Danes hope Jonas Vingegaard will do well, He came second in last year’s Tour De France.
- World Chanpion 2019 Mads Pedersen and former favourite Jacob Fuglsang hopes for a tour victory.
This is the first time Denmark is hosting a tour-start. The Danish Grand Départ includes three stages, five start and finish cities and eight parcours municipalities. Along the stages are hundreds of thousands of spectators going to pay tribute to the race, the riders.
- DRONE A BIG MECHANIC BICYCLE ON FARM FIELD, AABENRAA, SOUTHJUTLAND
- DRONE: YELLOW STONES BEING ON PLACED ON FIELD CREATING BICYCLE, AABÆK, SOUTHJUTLAND
- DRONE DRAWING A BICYCLE ON GRASS FIELD, AABENRAA, SOUTHJUTLAND
- DRONE YELLOW BIKE MADE OF HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, NYBORG, FYN
- DRONE MECHANICAL BIKE RIDER WITH FRENCH AND DANISH FLAG ON WHEELS,, AABÆK, SOUTHJUTLAND
- TIMELAPSE EIFFEL TOWER, TIVOLI GARDENS, COPENHAGEN
- TOUR DE FRANCE PIE MADE IN YELLOW WITH BIKE AND DANISH FLAGS, BAGER BOSSE, ØSTERBRO, COPENHAGEN
- SOCIAL MEDIA WITH BAKER SHOWING DIFFERENT CAKES FOR TOUR DE FRANCE. LEJRE, ZEALAND
- SOCIAL MEDIA WITH OF DRONE A BIKE BEING MADE BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE IN BYPARKEN, ROSKILDE
- YELLOW TAXI-BIKE IN FRONT OF FRENCH EMBASSY, KGS. NYTORV, COPENHAGEN
- FATHER AND SMALL BABY BOTH IN MOUNTAINS CLASSIFICATION JERSEY – MAILLOT À POIS ROUGES. FAN-ZONE COPENHAGEN
- HOUSE WITH RED DOTS, NYBORG, FYN
- BIKES OUTSIDE HOUSE WITH RED DOTS, NYBORG, FYN
- WATER TOWER WITH RED DOTS, NYBORG, FYN
- TREES WRAPPED IN YELLOW ØSTERBRO, COPENHAGEN
- OLD BUILDING WITH YELLOW ROMEN PILLOW. THE DANISH BANK, KGS. NYTORV, COPENHAGEN
- BIKE SCULPTURE, NYBORG, FYN
- CLOSEUP OF BIKE SCULPTURE, NYBORG, FYN
- TOTAL OF BIKE SCULPTURE, NYBORG, FYN
- SMALL TOUR DE FRANCE SCULPTURE IN ROUNDABOUT, NYBORG, FYN
- FIGURINE LIKE SCULPTURES OUTSIDE BUILDING, NYBORG
- SEWER COVER WITH “Tour De France” COPENHAGEN
- YELLOW SUITS IN A TAILOR SHOP “Deerest” IN COPENHAGEN
- 100 TOUR JERSEYS MADE IN WOOD, NYBORG, FYN
- YELLOW SCULPTURE LIKE TOUR-BIKE, NYBORG FYN
- COW STATUES IN TOUR COLOURS, ROSKILDE, ZEALAND
- GRAFFITI PAINTING OF RIDER IN GREEN JERSEY. VEJLE, JUTLAND
- FARM FIELD IN YELLOW COLORS WITH BIG HEART MADE AND A BIKE IN THE MIDDLE. ODSHERRED, WEST ZEALAND
- YELLOW SCULPTURE LIKE TOUR-BIKE, NYBORG FYN
- STRØGET-PEDESTRIAN STREET WITH TOUR DE FRANCE BANNER, COPENHAGEN
- C.U. STREET DECORATED WITH TOUR DE FRANCE COLORS, CITY SQUARE, COPENHAGEN
- COLUMNS DECORATED WITH TOUR DE FRANCE COLORS, NATIONAL MUSEUM, COPENHAGEN
- FLAGS WITH TOUR DE FRANCE COLORS, NYBORG, FYN
- FLAGS PEDESTRIAN WITH TOUR DE FRANCE COLORS. NYBORG, FYN
- DRONE OF SAILING BOATS WITH SAILS IN TOUR COLORS. ROSKILDE, ZEALAND
- BILKERS ALONG WATER. TRAINING ON SECOND STAGE. FÅREVEJLE, ODSHERRED, VEST ZEALAND
- DRONE/PAN OF MANY BIKERS CROSSING THE GREAT BELT BRIDGE BETWEEN ZEALAND AND FYN
- DRONE AABENRAA WITH BRIDGE PAINTED YELLOW., AABENRAA, SOUTH JUTLAND
- ROOF WITH TOUR DE FRANCE FLAGS, DI, DANISH INDUSTRY BUILDING COPENHAGEN
- DRONE IN NIGHT GREAT BELT BRIDGE IN YELLOW LIGHT.
- FIREWORKS IN YELLOW, TIVOLI. COPENHAGEN
- 1 SECOND BLACK
Facts & figures on cycling in Denmark
The Tour de France route and Denmark’s other long-distance cycle paths at www.visitdenmark.com/tour-de-france